Thursday 12 October 2023

Comfort quilts (Summer/September edition) !

Enough cannot be said about our guild and how we give back as a group.  Our comfort quilt program always has projects on the go and Joyce and Ruth are always thinking up new ways to get people involved and to help our community in unique ways!

Sept 12 - submitted by Joyce - "This Comfort quilt was made with our batik stash by Kathy Hildebrand at our Workday/ SewDay last year. It was tied at our Tie Day in June and Susan Jones completed the binding on it."


"I am not sure who made this Comfort Quilt top. I believe it was done at our WorkDay/SewDay. Our little group tied it at a WorkDay and Toni O’Brien did the binding. If you find out who did it, I would like to know! 🙂"




"This Comfort Quilt top was made by Pat Fisher and bound by Diane Strong. Our little quilt tying group tied it up."

"Christa made this quilt out of our stash at our SewDay(+ some of her own material).  
I decided to make a pillowcase and found some close to matching fabric in the Guild stash as well as my own. I think this is a much more efficient way of giving out our Comfort Quilts. I’ll just stuff the quilt in the pillowcase and voila! We might need a workday/Sew Day in the fall to complete some more. The pattern I found on Pinterest is really easy. It makes more sense than buying large bags and tissue paper."



And with that I'm caught up! Thank you to Joyce and Ruth for keeping these all straight!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment